Application for Spring 2024 now open. Application deadline - October 2, 2023
Since 1993, REEF has offered the Marine Conservation Internship to qualified individuals to work from our Florida office for a period of 3-5 months. REEF Interns gain leadership experience as they engage in activities focused on citizen science, community outreach, and education. They learn skills including partnership development, non-profit operations, donor relations, communication, marketing and promotions, data management, event planning, graphic design, and public speaking. They also have ample opportunities to enjoy all that the Florida Keys has to offer in their free time, including diving, snorkeling, kayaking, and interfacing with other non-profits and government agencies in the area.
To apply for the REEF Marine Conservation Internship prorgram, fill out this application. In addition to the questions in this form, you willl upload a single PDF document that includes:
- Cover Letter addressed to Intern Coordinator, David Ehlert
- CV / Resume (2pg max)
- Answers to three open-ended response questions (350 words max each)
- Why do you want to be a REEF intern?
- What are your career goals and how will an internship with REEF help you achieve them?
- What sets you apart from other applicants?
- (Optional) Details on your experiences relevant to being a REEF Intern, including: Special Certifications/Awards Received, Volunteer Experience, Public Speaking Experience, and/or more details on any of the items checked in the Skills section of the application (1 additional page max, separated in those four categories)
The single PDF that includes the above elements should be labeled with your first and last name in the file name.
One letter of recommendation is also required, either submitted with the application here as an attachment with this form, or submitted directly by your letter writter using the Internship Reference Letter Upload Form www.REEF.org/intern/reference.
Please make note of application deadlines listed here. Late applications will not be considered.
If you are logged in to the REEF website when completing the application, you will have an oportunity to save your application between steps and to save a draft to come back and complete later. To be logged in, you must be a REEF member. It's free to join, just click the link above.